Advanced PLC - Programming Troubleshooting & maintenance-(Siemens S7-300 & 400 )
This course is designed for maintenance personnel who have to identify and solve problems with Siemens S7-300 and Siemens S7-400 PLC systems using the functions of the Siemens Simatic STEP 7 programming software.
By the end of this D.McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course, participants will be able to:
- To be able to identify if the PLC is still active and that there are no communication errors with the I/O or other coupled PLC’s.
- To determine that the signal of the ‘suspected’ unit will show at the correct PLC reference. One should measure here with a universal meter.
- To install and to start the programming software.
- To make the internal I/O status of the signal visible:
- to call the ‘suspected’ section in the program;
- to make timer and counter files visible.
- The maintenance engineer must be able to read the documentation, understand the structure of the PLC and be aware of the most commonly used PLC instructions.
- To make links or to develop connections that changes the program conditions. Programming a counter and time measurement is desirable.
- To make a backup of the changes made to the program. The maintenance engineer should also be capable of making an (original) backup of the program and be able to load it into the PLC.
- Hardware of the Siemens S7-300 and/or 400 PLC
- I/O electrical connections for various modules
- Rack grouping
- Developing, monitoring & documentation software
- General features of the STEP 7 family
- IEC 1131 ‘compliant’ software structure
- STL, LAD, CSF, SCL
- The STEP 7 programming package
- Connecting the PLC and starting up the terminal
- Choosing the program
- Help system
- S7 instructions, including the administration functions for existing and/or gates, flip-flops and several timer functions
- To copy, to change and to store PLC-programs
- Simatic Manager, fault finding
- Off-line & On-line mode
- Monitoring and modification of variables
- Up- and downloading programs
- Writing, testing, and documenting a PLC-program
- Identifying data and data types and interpreting the different formats
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Advanced PLC – Programming Troubleshooting & maintenance-(Siemens S7-300 & 400 ) course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.