Business Development Skills for oil & gas professionals
Business development in the oil and gas industry presents exciting but unique challenges for managers and salespersons seeking to realize set goals. The oil industry is globally interconnected, highly technical, knowledge-driven, and capital intensive amongst others. There are no simple aspects when it comes to the oil industry. The complexities are huge, but so are the opportunities.
For one, the industry is unique in its technical complexity, regulations and value chains. Buying cycles are exceptionally long and fraught with multiple gates in structured commercial transactions. In this environment, getting to close require more than being a smooth talker or an aggressive pusher.
Business development in such a complex decision environment requires a consultative engagement that is process driven, and with the right commercial knowledge and relationship skills. Mastery of these requirements is what makes for successful marketing, sales or business development efforts. This course is designed to increase participants’ commercial understanding of the oil industry, and to build effective skills for successful business development.
At the end of this Oil and Gas Business Development Course, participants will:
- Get insight into the global drivers of the oil industry
- Understand the commercial frameworks that obtain in different segments of the industry
- Learn how to apply proven skills and methodologies for successful client engagement
- Discover the personal factors that may make or mar your business development efforts
- Develop a personalized strategy for higher performance on return to work
- Discover your business development personality profile and leverage your strengths
The focus of the strategy and business development program is three-fold:
Corporate strategy, business unit strategy, corporate center process management, customer solutions and marketing, and supply chain
mergers and acquisitions, integration program management, joint ventures and alliances, new business development
Talent development, disseminating strategic thinking and business development skills, and innovation
1. Introduction to the Marketing Concepts
Need / Want I Market / Transaction / Exchange / 4Ps / Competition / Product vs. Service / Quality / Segment /Marketing System / Business / Profits.
Definition of marketing based on the above concepts Difference between marketing and Selling
Marketing Management Philosophies
Parts of product (core / actual/augmented) Product classification.
Branding and its importance
Levels of brand familiarity
Packaging and its importance
Parts of packaging
Product life cycle
New product development .process
Pricing and its importance in marketing Internal and external factors affecting pricing Basic price setting approaches
International and export pricing
Price adjustment techniques
Distribution system defined
Why distribution is important?
Channel’s management and dynamics Vertical vs horizontal distribution system
Promotion and its objective
Promotional-Mix: Advertising, Publicity, Sales promotion activities, Personal selling and public relations
6. Market segmentation, positioning, targeting
7. International marketing
How is international market different?
Ways to enter into international market
Concepts of product standardization ‘and adaptation
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Business Development Skills for oil & gas professionals course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.