DRILLING FLUIDS (MUD) ENGINEERING
This introductory Drilling Fluids Engineering Course is designed for drilling engineers and supervisors, tool pushers, geologists, laboratory fluid technologists, managers, and operations personnel involved in the exploration and development sector of the oil and gas industry. The course will cover basic understanding of drilling and completion fluids’ engineering and laboratory practices.
To deliver basic understanding of the principals of:
- Drilling and Completion Fluids.
- Well bore problems related to drilling fluids.
- Well bore stability and inhibition.
- Solids control equipment and use.
- Mud engineering calculations.
- To conduct laboratory exercises on how to;
- Operate common mud testing equipment.
- Perform mud checks on aqueous base fluids (ABF) and non-aqueous base fluids (NABF).
- Treat mud contaminations.
- Drilling Fluids (DF) Functions
- Drilling Fluids Properties and Measurements
- Geology and Reservoir
- Clay Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- DF Systems
- Rheology and Hydraulics
- Formation damage
- Drill- in Fluids
- Lost Circulation
- Stuck Pipe
- Completion and Well Bore Clean Up
- Solids Control
Upon copletion of the course the participant shall be able to:
- Explain the functions and importance of drilling fluid in drilling operation.
- Understand some common well bore problems, their causes and how to trouble shoot for remedies.
- Recognize the chemicals and additives used in drilling fluids and their functions.
- Identify the various drilling fluid system, understand their applications, properties, advantages and limitations.
- Perform daily mud check and recommend maintenance protocol.
The course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures and interactive worked examples included in several workshops. The emphasis in the course will be on the explanation of all technical phenomena and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice related to drilling Engineering.
Each learning point will be reinforced with practical examples. There will be ample opportunities for active discussion and sharing professional experiences and exchange that will help solidify the gained knowledge.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Drilling Fluids (Mud) Engineering.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.