EFFECTIVE PROJECT COORDINATION & MANAGEMENT
Projects frequently fails because of inadequate coordination, integration, communication and control of project activities, people, stakeholders and contractors. This is due mainly to the inability of many project managers to successfully apply the tools and techniques of modern project coordination and control to their projects, as well as to manage and motivate the human resources assigned to the project.
This D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. Effective Project Coordination & Management training course will significantly enhance the skills and knowledge of delegates and improve their ability to plan, manage, and control projects. The material has been designed to enable delegates to apply all of the material with immediate effect at the office.
The objectives of this D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course are to help delegates to:
- Gain knowledge of techniques used in project planning and control
- Systematically define, design, and integrate end-user requirements in the project
- Identify risk sources and learn how to mitigate potential risks and deal with uncertainty
- Learn how to administer project documentation and reporting
- Develop effective performance monitoring and control systems
- Effectively select, develop, and manage human resource\
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD training course is designed for:
- Project Management Professionals
- Project Planning Engineers and Managers
- Senior Project Control and Business Services Professionals who have the responsibility for planning and controlling project schedules and costs in client and contracting companies.
DAY 1: Project Management Framework, Organizational Structures, Systems and Processes
- Introduction to Project Management
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Definition of a Project Manager
- Setting the Stage for Project Alignment with Strategy
- Knowledge Areas & Project Process Flow
- The Triple Constraint
- Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Program Management and Project Management
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Organizational Process Assets
Standard for Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management Processes
- Initiating Process Group
- Planning Process Group
- Executing Process Group
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
- Closing Process Group
Project Integration Management
- What is Project Integration Management?
- Develop Project Charter
- Organizational Structures
- Functional Organization
- Weak Matrix Organization
- Strong Matrix Organization
- Balanced Matrix Organization
- Organizational Structure Influences on Projects
DAY 2: End-user Requirements Definition and Development & Project Scope Management
- What is Project Scope Management?
- Scope Planning
- Scope Statement
- Scope Definition
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Project objectives
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scope Verification
- Scope Control
Selecting and Developing the Project Team
- The Communication Loop
- Stages of Team Development
- Dynamics of Team Development
- Types of Power / Authority
- Maslow’s Hierarchy
- Human Resource Management
- What is Leadership?
- Definition of a Team
- Situational Leadership Styles
DAY 3: Project Selection Methods & Time Management
- Project Selections
- Net Present Value
- Opportunity Cost
- Internal Rate of Return
- Payback Period
- Benefit to Cost Ratio
- What is Project Time Management?
- Activity Definition
- Activity List
- Activity Attributes
- Activity Sequencing
- Precedence Diagramming Method (PDM)
- Arrow Diagramming Method (ADM)
- Dependency Determination
- Applying Leads and Lags
- Project Network Schedule
- Activity Resource Estimating
- Resource Availability
- Bottom-up Estimating
- Activity Resource Requirements
- Activity Duration Estimating
- Analogous Estimating
- Parametric Estimating
- Reserve Analysis
- Three-Point Estimates
- Activity Duration
- Schedule Development
- Critical Path Method
- Schedule Compression
- Schedule Control
DAY 4: Project Quality Definition and Risk and Contingency Analysis
Project Quality Management
- What is Project Quality Management?
- Quality Planning
- Quality Management
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Perform Quality Control
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- Control Charts
- Pareto Diagram
- Run Chart
Project Risk and Contingency Analysis
- Definitions – What is Risk?
- Risk Management Process
- Risk Management Model
- Identifying Potential Risk Events
- Qualitative and Semi-Quantitative Risk Analysis Techniques
- Risk Matrices and Risk Ranking
- Progressive Risk Management Plan Development
- Detailed Risk Quantification and Prioritisation
- Expected Monetary Value Concepts
- Risk Quantification and Expected Monetary Value
- Risk Register
- Probability and Impact Matrix
- Risk Response Planning
- Strategies for Risk Response Planning
- Contingency Plan
DAY 5: Project Progress Management and Control & Project Closure
- Project Management Reporting
- Earned Value (EV)
- Key Earned Value Terminology
- Combining Schedule and Costs
- Project Status Report
- Schedule Variance (SV)
- Cost Variance (CV)
- Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- SPI Run Chart
- Cost Performance Index (CPI)
- Estimated Cost at Completion
- Estimated Duration at Completion
- Project Closure
This Effective Project Coordination & Management course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The Effective Project Coordination & Management course is highly interactive and is designed with workshop and practical exercises centered on a project case study. Students will complete several elements of project work through assigned roles in a team environment. There will be open discussion and real world examples with the emphasis on learning by doing.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Effective Project Coordination & Management Course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.