Flow Assurance in Gas Pipelines
This short course will equip delegates with knowledge of the key engineering considerations for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas via pipelines through industry-based examples of gas flow variables, prediction and optimization. This course will provide both theory and practical simulation from facilitator’s experience of the gas pipeline system using state-of-the art techniques, problem-solving and troubleshooting gas pipeline systems.
The main objective of the course is to provide an in-depth understanding on the major parameters gas pipeline delivery relies on, and how each of such parameters could lead to flow assurance problems. The course will also demonstrate troubleshooting process for the major problems, such as condensate, wet gas, scale formation, hydrate formation and wax formation using theoretical and practical software simulation of existing flow assurance problems.
- Introduction to Natural Gas flow assurance
- Crude Oil versus Natural Gas Flow Assurance
- Pipeline Sizing
- Pressure drop and velocity criteria using Codes and Standards
- Introduction to flow assurance simulations
- Natural Gas Specifications
- Scale formation and removal techniques
- Hydrate formation and mitigations
- Asphaltenes prediction and mitigations
- Wax and condensation formation and mitigation
- Hydrate and wax deposition simulations
- Pipeline modelling and simulations
- Pipeline Line pack volume and supply scenarios
- Pipeline Networks and supply planning
- Pipeline overpressure scenarios
- Pipeline looping and compression
- Theory and Simulation case studies
- Cost implications to pipeline looping and compression
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Flow Assurance in Gas Pipelines course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.