Gas pipeline Design and Analysis
This short course is designed to provide theoretical understanding of gas transportation through pipelines, linked to practical engineering principles, guidelines, codes, and standards using the concept of Natural Gas pipeline design as means of gas transportation. The course covers aspects of Conceptual Engineering, through Design, as well as Construction stages. It provides the basic underpinning engineering knowledge of theories, equations and models through to practical applications using case studies of several pipelines from real life experience at each stage of the training, as well as including software modelling and simulation for the specific stage of design. This unique combination of theory and software modelling helps Engineers to bridge their theoretical and practical understanding of the design of gas pipelines.
The target of this course is to enable participants to:
- understand the relevance of gas pipelines as a means of gas transportation
- compare options of pipelines and LNG in gas transportation
- understand the flow regimes in gas pipelines
- identify pipeline route and area classifications
- identify compressor stations requirements along gas pipelines
- understand pipeline expansion options and limitations
- Pipeline as means of Gas transportation
- Transmission and Distributions pipelines
- Pipeline versus LNG options: choice and limitations
- Pipeline Design Codes and Standards
- Pipeline Design Basis
- Flow regimes in Gas pipelines and
- Area classification and design factor considerations
- Pipeline Route Analysis, selection and Right Of Way (R.O.W)
- Compressor station spacing’s and sizing
- Simulation demonstration of Pipeline Flow regimes and compression
- Pipeline looping versus compression option
- Pipeline crossing and planning
- Offshore pipeline concept and approach
- Onshore pipeline concept and approach
- Pipeline looping simulations
- Pipeline Planning and delivery forecast: Construction and contracting schemes
- Pipeline wall thickness calculations
- Cathodic protection
- Pipeline planning simulations
- Pipeline project management
- Inter-disciplinary interaction in pipeline design project
- Safety in Pipeline Design: Hazard and Operability Studies
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Gas pipeline Design and Analysis course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.