Gas Treatment & Injection training
This course will develop your understanding of the fundamentals of miscible gas injection enhanced oil recovery, the applications of scientific principles to reservoir fluid phase behaviour and multiphase fluid flow in porous media. It provides you with mathematical tools to help in the design and selection of gas injection EOR projects.
By the end of the course you will feel confident to:
- Understand the thermodynamics of miscible gas injection in EOR
- Determine and apply principles of phase and volumetric behaviour of reservoir fluids
- Understand reservoir fluid trapping and mobilisation mechanisms
- Design a laboratory protocol for a successful gas injection project
- Validate laboratory data using numerical reservoir simulators
- Apply data to evaluate the miscible gas injection EOR processes
- Reservoir rock
– Core analysis
– Dynamic porosity
– Representative elementary volume
- Reservoir fluids
– Classification of reservoir fluids
– Fluid phase behaviour and properties
- Advanced PVT studies
– Swelling test (P-x diagram)
– Slimtube test
– Multiple-contact experiment
- EOS modelling and characterisation
– Fluid phase behaviour calculations
– Fluid characterisation
– Application in compositional simulation
- Multi-phase fluid distribution in the reservoir
– Interfacial tension
– Capillary pressure
– Phase trapping and mobilisation
- Multi-phase flow in porous medium
– Relative permeability
– Methods of relative permeability determination
– Calculation of relative permeability
– Factors influencing relative permeability
- Flow equations
- Miscible displacement processes
– Thermodynamics of miscible gas injection
– First contact miscibility displacement
– Multiple-contact miscibility displacement
– Factors affecting microscopic and macroscopic displacement efficiencies
– Screening and criteria of EOR by miscible gas injection
- Miscible gas injection EOR experimental design and modelling
– Specialised relative permeability experiment
– EOR displacement experiments
– Calculation of longitudinal dispersion coefficient
- PVT and Flow Data for reservoir simulation
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Gas Treatment & Injection training course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.