The objective of this training course is to provide an understanding of intelligent completions and specifically: –
- The value proposition for ICs
- The purpose of Intelligent Completions (ICs)
- The advantages and limitations of ICs
- Basic screening questions and defining completion requirements
- A history and case studies showing typical applications of intelligent completions
- Reservoir Monitoring Technologies (electrical and fiber optic) and their applications
- What are Inflow Control Valves (ICVs) and Inflow Control Devices (ICDs), a comparison of technologies and their difference and applications
- New technologies – integrated Intelligent Completion Systems
- The ‘digital oil field’. Intelligent wells in hydrocarbon recovery optimization and the integrated production management system
Topics to be discussed: –
- Need & necessity for Intelligent Completions
- Intelligent Completions typical applications
- Integrated downhole operations
- Applications of digital-oil-field
- Downhole hardware, sensors
- Surface acquisition and data communication
- Passive and active control, descriptions, advantages & limitations, comparison
- Reliability and installation issues
INTRODUCTION, BACKGROUND and DEFINITIONS.
- Introductions and understand class competencies
- Scope of Course
- A bit of history, How and where it all started
- Importance of Well Monitoring
- Intelligent Completions, Definitions, applications, functionalities, purpose, types
- Advantages & Limitations of Intelligent Completions in typical applications
- ICs economics, brief look into the economics and justification of Intelligent Completions
SENSORS, DATA MANAGEMENT and ‘INTELLIGENCE’
- Electrical monitoring technologies and applications
- Fiber Optic monitoring technologies and applications
- Pressure temperature and multiphase flow monitoring
- Sensor & hardware reliability
- Future of data management
- Downhole Sensors, Characteristics, Metrology, Functions, Materials
- Sensors, Data and information technology
INFLOW CONTROL VALVES & DEVICES
- Flow Regulation
- System reliability
- Design of Inflow Control Valves
- Intelligent Completion Hardware, ICD (Inflow Control Device) and ICV/FCV Interval/ Flow Control Valves/Devices, Characteristics, Functions, Materials
- Fixed choke systems
- Variable choke systems
- Hydraulic vs. electric systems
- Erosion/Corrosion and Scale Issues
- Passive versus active control – differences, advantages, limitations, comparison
- New integrated Intelligent Completion technologies
INTEGRATED PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
- Intelligent / Digital / Smart Oilfield and Real-time production optimization
- What is the ‘Digital Oil Field’?
- What were DOF technology enablers?
- Reservoir Management Using Intelligent Wells
- Reservoir monitoring
- Flow optimization
- Data acquisition / data management
- Overview of Advanced Reservoir Management
COMPLETION OPERATIONS, TRAINING & REVIEW
- Completion design considerations: interfaces, torque and drag, tubing stress analysis
- Well control and integration with ‘Permit to Work’ systems
- Contracts overview
- Engineer training and competency considerations
COURSE WRAP UP AND REVIEW
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Intelligent Completions course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.