Introduction to wellsite
This course is aimed at Drilling and Completion administrative personnel wishing to deepen their knowledge of basic field equipment, operations and exploration science. The course includes discussion of basic reservoir geology, drilling components and processes. Also, the role of the operating and service company personnel in performing these processes.
- Learn basic geology and why it is important to drilling and exploration.
- Identify the basic rig components and systems. Learn how they are used in day to day operations.
- Identify the wellsite personnel and their titles. Place these personnel in the proper organization by job description and rank.
- Decrypt the many acronyms used in the drilling process. Put these acronyms in context with the job process and/or equipment function.
- Importance of geology to wellsite operations
- Properties of earth’s crust
- Plate tectonics
- Continental vs oceanic plates
- Major rock formation types
Sedimentary rock types
- Sources of sediments
- Lithification process
- Geological record
Source, reservoir and cap rocks
- Properties of petroleum reservoirs
- Porosity and fluid saturation
- Reservoir maps
- Estimating reserves
- Drilling operations
- Tripping and handling pipe
- Casing running and cementing
- Wireline operations
- Stuck pipe and other drilling problems
- Logistics and Waiting on weather, equipment, orders, etc…
- Completion operations
Description of Equipment
- Mast or derrick and hoisting system
- Rig floor
- Kelly or top drive
- Mud pumps, mud pits, shaker and circulating system
- BOP and well control
- Rig power system
- Drill String and BHA
- MWD, LWD and rig data acquisition system
Description of Drilling Personnel Roles
- Assistant driller
- Crane operator
Oil Company representatives and Service Company Personnel
- Drilling Engineer/Superintendent
- Company man
- Mud engineer
- Mud logger
- Casing crew
- Directional driller
- Wireline Operator
- Safety man
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Project Management for Non Project Managers.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.