Intelligent Well System: Design, Implementation, Analysis and Optimization
This course provides a comprehensive description of the basics and fundamentals of Intelligent Well Completion needed to successfully identify, plan and execute intelligent well and intelligent field projects. It covers the pre-deployment, deployment and post-deployment issues in intelligent well technology. Presentation material is combined with practical exercises to reinforce the material learned.
Introduction to Intelligent Well completions, identifying, screening, and justifying Intelligent Well projects
Provide petroleum engineering foundation for Intelligent Well projects
Introduction to Smart Wells
• What is an intelligent well?
• Elements of an intelligent well
• Business Drivers
Petroleum Engineering Aspects of Intelligent Wells
• Inflow, outflow and Intelligent Wells
• Nodal analysis with intelligent wells
• Completion flow capacity
• Flow control valve design
o Deterministic approach
o Probabilistic approach
• Artificial lift and intelligent wells
• Commingling Flow Estimation and Allocation
Screening and Project Valuation with Intelligent Wells
• Intelligent Well Screening
• Intelligent Well Technical Evaluation
o Analytical Approach
o Numerical Simulation Approach
o IWC Simulation Example
• Reliability in Intelligent Well Model
• Passive versus Active Control – ICD or ICV
• Case Studies of IWC Applications
Intelligent Well completion design and project management
Provide Intelligent Well completion fundamentals and training on the management of a Intelligent Well completion project.
Intelligent Well Completion Design
• Defining Completion Function Requirements
• Intelligent Well Completion Equipment
• Surface Control Systems
• Intelligent Well Completion with Sand Control
• IWC with Fiber Optic Systems, DTS, DAS, etc
Intelligent Well Project Management
• Introduction to Intelligent Well Project Management Process
• Project Management Processes
• Key Project Learning Points
• Intelligent Well Completion Value Assurance
Realizing the value from your Intelligent Well project
Discuss the critical aspects of operating Intelligent Well projects to ensure successful value creation
Managing Your Intelligent Well/Intelligent Field
• Introduction to Intelligent Well Management
• Developing an operating philosophy for intelligent wells
• Data collection, validation and storage
o Get It
o Manipulate it
o Use it
• IWC Data Management. Analysis and decision processes
o Monitor: Data Access & Validation
Well Test Validation Example
IWC Optimization Example
Visualization and Reporting
o Control and Optimization of Intelligent Well System
Well & Field
o Real time and offline management of Intelligent Well System
Hands on Design and Implementation of Intelligent Well System
Provide a class group exercise on the screening, design and implementation of intelligent well system. The class will be divided into groups. The candidates will be given data in which they will be asked to identify candidates, design a suitable intelligent well system using all the methods discussed in the training. They will then present their results to the rest of the class.
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Intelligent Well System: Design, Implementation, Analysis and Optimization.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.