LIFTING AND SLINGING
This course is designed for all supervisors and managers of lifting operations to be equipped with lift planning, risk assessment and method statement skills.
The details are to include crane selection, crane location, lifting auxiliary equipment, lifting and placing of the load, and all relevant safety precautions.
At the end of the training, participants would have knowledge of:
- Legislations, regulations and standards governing the use of lifting equipment
- Force Influence & Rating Methods
- How to do Load Estimation
- Different types of slings
- Different types of lifting accessories
- How to select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Correct crane signals according to BS 712
- Carrying out a safe lifting operation
- Health & Safety at Work Summary
- Lifting Equipment Definitions & Terminology
- LOLER ‘98
- Requirement for a Per –use Check
- Calculating the forces in Slings
- Uniform Load Method
- Trigonometric Load Method
- Calculating load weight
- Chain Slings
- Sling Configurations
- Shackles, Eyebolts and Hooks
- Shortening clutches
- Rigging Screws
- Wire Rope Grips
- Correct Crane Signals
- Correct selection of Lifting Equipment
- Safe Lifting Operation
Within a normal work area, the trainer will demonstrate safe practice and together with the trainee will discuss and lift a range of work normally expected of the trainee. The trainee needs to demonstrate his/her competence with the crane operation and will lift a range of work provided
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Lifting and Slinging Training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.