Local Instrumentation setting & Calibration
Modern industry relies on accurate measurement and control of process parameters to ensure high quality products are produced safely and efficiently. Technicians, working in the Process and Pharmaceutical Industries are involved in the installation, configuration, calibration and maintenance of measurement and control systems.
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge required to operate in such environments and it will introduce industrial instrumentation as used for troubleshooting, process measurements and process control.
- Air Supply, Electrical Supply, Grounding
- Instrument Identification and Line Symbols
- Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Control System Definition, Logic Diagrams
Units & Standards:
- Control Loops
- Overview, Control Function Considerations
- Control Modes, (On-Off, Modulating, PID COntrol)
Final Control Elements:
- Control Valve Types, Valve Postitioners
- Control Loops
Process Control Methods:
- Control Modes (ON-Off, Modulating, PID Control)
- Control Types (Feedback, Cascade, Ratio, Feedforward)
- Valve Bodies, Actuators, Valve Positioners
Instrument Configuration and Diagnostics Systems
- How to Document Instrumentation including Tag Numbers, P&IDs, Loop and Logic Diagrams
- Overview, Design, Physical Aspects
- Overview, General Requirements
- Electrical, Pneumatics
- Temperature and Humidity Control
Alarms and Trips:
- Fail-Safe and De-Energise-to-Trip
Types of Instruments:
- Flow (Switch, Alarm, Feedback) Flow Measurement
- Temperature (Switch, Alarm, Feedback) : Temperature Measurement
- Pressure (Switch, Alarm, Feedback): Pressure Measurement
- Weight, Level Measurement, Contents Measurement
- Conductivity, pH Measurement
- Density, Viscosity, Current, Voltage, Amperage, Capacitance, Resistivity, Inductance, Frequency
- Flow (Switch, Alarm, Feedback) Flow calibration using 375 Calibrator
- Temperature (Switch, Alarm, Feedback) : Temperature calibration using 375 Calibrator
- Pressure (Switch, Alarm, Feedback): Pressure calibration using 375 Calibrator
- Level calibration using 375 Calibrator
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Local Instrumentation setting & Calibration course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.