Oil Production & process facilities
The emphasis of this course is on oil production facilities – from the wellhead, to the delivery of a specification crude oil product, to the refinery. Both onshore and offshore facilities are discussed. Produced water treating and water injection systems are also covered. Solution gas handling processes and equipment will be discussed at a relatively high level. In addition to the engineering aspects of oil production facilities, practical operating problems will also be covered, including emulsion treatment, sand handling, dealing with wax and asphaltenes, etc. Exercises requiring calculations are utilized throughout the course. The course intended to complement the G-4 Gas Conditioning and Processing course, focused on the gas handling side of the upstream oil and gas facilities area.
at the end of this course participants would have learnt
- Well inflow performance and its impact on production/processing facilities
- About oil, gas, and water compositions and properties needed for equipment selection and sizing
- How to select and evaluate processes and equipment used to meet sales or disposal specifications
- To apply physical and thermodynamic property correlations and principles to the design and evaluation of oil production and processing facilities
- How to perform equipment sizing calculations for major production facility separation equipment
- To evaluate processing configurations for different applications
- How to recognize and develop solutions to operating problems in oil/water processing facilities
- Reservoir traps, rocks, and drive mechanisms
- Phase envelopes and reservoir fluid classification
- Well inflow performance
- Artificial lift
- Gas, oil, and water – composition and properties
- Oil gathering systems
- Gas-liquid separation
- Oil-water separation
- Oil treating
- Oil stabilization and sweetening
- Oil storage and vapor recovery
- Sand, wax, asphaltenes, and scale
- Transportation of crude oil
- Produced water treatment
- Water injection systems
- Solution gas handling
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Oil Production & process facilities training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.