PROJECT COST ESTIMATION AND CONTROL TRAINING
Increasingly tougher economic conditions means increasingly tighter project budgets, and a more aggressive focus on meeting a financially on-target delivery. Every project involves cost management and control. Whether its delivery is internal or external to the organization, every project has a cost implication to the organization’s bottom-line profit, cash flow and overall financial well-being. Poor estimates, unrealistic budgets, ROI’s falling short of expectations, poor change control and generally poor financial management usually reflect a lack of knowledge and awareness of the processes, tools and techniques that are available for managing project costs effectively.
WHY CHOOSE THIS TRAINING COURSE?
Our practical workshop focuses on providing the knowledge, techniques and practical application of project costing tools to support participants in successfully managing project cost, thus ensuring the maximization of business returns.
Participants will be guided through a practical and best practice process-oriented approach to managing cost, and will take back to the workplace the ability to apply this knowledge within a realistic and structured framework.
At the end participants will be able to:
- Use EVA ( earned value analysis) to ensure that forecasted benefits and ROI ( return on investment ) are achieved
- Develop and use a cost management plan to prepare and monitor project budgets
- Demonstrate competence in cost estimation, budgeting and control.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING COURSE FOR?
This course is ideal for project managers, cost managers and other oil and gas professionals who are about to lead a project
- Foundations of Cost Estimating
- Estimate Costs, Determine Budget, Control Costs
- Lifecycle costing and activities
- Financial considerations when undertaking a project
- Project Feasibility tools and type of costs
- Planning, Work Break down structure and Estimation
- Estimating tools and techniques such as 3-point, Bottom-Up, Analogous, Parametric, effort and resource, time-cost-quantity
- Wideband Delphi project estimation technique
- Using MS Project to Present your Project Budget
- Developing a Cost management Plan
- Tracking and measuring performance with Earned Value Management (EVM)
This is a highly interactive class with class interaction, participation, case study exercises, group assignments and series of assessments to test participant’s competence.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Project Cost Estimation and Control Training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.