Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
The aim of this short course is to provide with necessary knowledge in oil and gas reservoir engineering that introduces evaluation techniques to define characters and properties of a petroleum reservoir and helps formulate engineering solution of petroleum field related problems. Numerous engineering practices are covered.
This course will help the development of a more complete “understanding” of the characteristics of oil and gas reservoirs. Data collection, integration and application directed toward maximizing recovery are stressed. Reservoir engineering equations are introduced with emphasis directed to parameter significance and an understanding of the results.
- Calculate the flow of oil and gas wells in oil and gas reservoirs.
- Determine critical properties of reservoir rocks Fluid (oil, water, and gas) PVT relationships
- Calculate hydrocarbons initially in place using several methods
- Assess reservoir performance with dynamic techniques
- Determine the parameters that impact well/reservoir performance over time
- Analyse well tests using standard well testing principles and techniques
- Characterize aquifers
- Determine reservoir drive mechanisms for both Oil and Gas reservoirs
- Apply oil and gas field development planning principles
- Forecast production decline
- How reservoirs are characterized by fluid type and drive mechanisms
- How oil and gas in place can be estimated and recovery predicted
- How to estimate net hydrocarbon volume as a function of depth
- How the density, sonic, and neutron logs are sensitive to porosity
- Calculate the water saturation for a producing interval from its water-oil ratio performance
- Calculate the pressure difference between the oil and water phases in an oil reservoir
- How to apply the material balance techniques
- How to derive the basic differential equation for radial flow in a porous medium
Geology and Reservoir Volume
Fundamental of Reservoir Description
Coring and Core Analysis
Coring practices and rock properties
Reservoir fluid and rock properties
Fundamentals of fluid flow
Reservoir fluid distribution
Reservoir drive mechanisms
Material (volumetric) Balance Equations
Oil and gas well performance
Fluid Flow in Porous Medium
Oil Well productivity
Pressure build-up analysis
Reservoir fluid displacement concepts
Water and Gas Coning
Gas and Gas Condensate
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Petroleum Reservoir Engineering course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.