Process Control and Instrumentation
This short course is designed for all operators and technicians familiar with the general purpose of process measuring instruments and control equipment. The course will also be of benefit to plant and laboratory personnel who are required to work closely with plant personnel and therefore should have an understanding of the types of process instruments used and any associated limitations.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Specify and design instrumentation systems for pressure, level, temperature and flow.
- Identify a large number of industrial analytical measuring instruments.
- Describe the construction and operation of the most important analytical instruments.
- Be able to conduct the following types of measurement; pH, conductivity, turbidity, hygrometry, dissolved oxygen, total free chlorine and on-line chromatography.
- Implement procedures for testing and calibration of analytical instruments.
- Correctly select and size control valves for any particular application.
- Troubleshoot and identify problems with instrumentation systems.
- Isolate control loops and identify a faulty instrument.
- Introduction to Process Measurement
- Pressure Measurement
- Level Measurement
- Temperature Measurement
- Flow Measurement
- Control Valves
- Process Considerations
- Transmission of Measurement Signals
- Basic Control Concepts
- Complex Control Systems
- Computer Control Systems
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Process Control and Instrumentation course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.