Seismic Reservoir Characterization
Seismic reservoir geophysics can be defined as “The use of geophysical methods to assist in delineating or describing a reservoir or monitoring the changes in a reservoir as it is produced.” Reservoir geophysics is applied across a wide spectrum of the oilfield life cycle from discovery and early development to tertiary recovery. One critical part of this process is a good understanding of the various stages of seismic processing and the relationships between attributes derived from the seismic and the elastic properties, and rock and fluid properties. Reservoir characterization combines surface seismic with borehole seismic, well data, i.e. petrophysical data and rock and fluid properties and production history.
This course is meant for geophysicists and interpreters/geologists who want to familiarize themselves with the principles, methodologies and implementation technologies of seismic reservoir characterization. Key aspects of seismic data processing will be treated in order to derive the relevant properties and to preserve the data integrity that is necessary for subsequent calculation of meaningful attributes. The statistical nature of seismic inversion is thereby taken into account.
1. Introduction to seismic reservoir characterization
2. Fundamentals of rock physics and velocity determination
3. Wave propagation, the wave equation, P-waves and S-waves
4. Signal analysis, deconvolution and wavelet estimation
5. Reservoir imaging, time-to-depth conversion and true-amplitude migration
6. Seismic-to-well matching, survey matching and vintage matching
7. Borehole geophysics
8. Seismic inversion
9. AVO analysis and rock properties and fluid substitution algorithms
10. 4D reservoir monitoring and characterization
12. Attribute analysis and classification
13. Multi-component seismic
14. Anisotropy (fractured reservoirs)
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Seismic Reservoir Characterization course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.