Welding and Fitting works training
In existing times of reduced manning on board vessels, with increasing
challenges to maintain all equipment and under tight schedules, it is crucial that ship staff be equipped with the requisite hotwork skills to be able to carry out safe, efficient and quick repair and maintenance of cracked, damaged or leaking plates and pipes.
This program is designed for Ships Fitters, Pumpmen, Repair team members and also Marine Engineers to fully acquaint them with the relevant safety precautions to be observed, the requisite knowledge of the various welding equipment and processes, proper electrode and welding parameters selection and the practical skills to efficiently execute various repair jobs on plates and pipes of various materials in various positions.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will
- Be able to recognize the dangers and observe the relevant safety precautions while performing / supervising hot work.
- Be able to understand the functioning of different types of welding equipments and their working principles.
- Acquire the knowledge of correct welding electrodes and filler rod selection and parameter settings based on the material to be welded.
- Acquire the requisite skill to make acceptable weld joints on steel and non ferrous plates and pipes with both, gas and arc welding in different positions up to 6G Level
- Acquire the advanced skills in gas cutting techniques.
- Acquire the skills in brazing using filler rod such as silver and bronze.
- Acquire the skill to be able to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals such as Steel, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, and Aluminum.
- Familiarization with TIG and MIG Welding processes and Plasma Cutting
- Safety precautions in gas and arc welding.
- Introduction to gas and arc welding equipment and accessories.
- Introduction to gas and arc welding processes.
- Selection, care, storage and handling of electrodes / filler rods and other hot work equipment.
- Various welding techniques and processes.
- Identification of various defects in welds, causes and remedies.
- Extensive practical exercises on plates in 2G, 3G, and 4G position on Single ‘Vee’ Butt joints by SMAW.
- Extensive hands on practical exercises in 6G position by SMAW process
- Extensive practical exercises on pipe with doublers and flanges by SMAW process
- Extensive hands on practical exercises in electric and gas welding / brazing of various ferrous and nonferrous metals such as steel, cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass.
- Hands on practical exercises in electric arc gouging and gas cutting
- Introduction of TIG and MIG Welding processes and Plasma Cutting
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Welding and Fitting works training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.