Well Intervention technology
this course will contain in-depth information on the impact of workovers and completion design in maximizing field production and increasing recoverable reserves. It also emphasizes the importance of well interventions methods (slickline, Electrical line and Coiled tubing) during life time of the well to keep well productivity under optimum conditions.
y the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, delegates will learn:
- Introduction to the variable nature of well interventions.
- Describe the inherent risks and need for careful diagnostics, planning and supervision.
- Describe the economic implications of a workover in terms of the need to protect the well production or injection capacity.
- List and describe the equipment and operational concepts involved in coiled tubing and hydraulic workover units.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend functional capability of completion strings for a variety of situations
- know the well control barrier principles
- Identify three barriers methodology during well intervention
- Know well control barrier classification for different type of well intervention method.
- Describe the mechanisms of a slick wireline operation.
- List and describe the commonly used downhole wireline equipment and tools.
- List and describe the surface wireline equipment requirements; lubricator; BOP; stuffing box.
- Describe well pressure control and safety issues associated with wireline.
- State the limitations on successful wireline operation imposed by depth, hole angle and dog leg severity
- learn procedures and equipment used in wireline, coiled tubing, and workover
Day One: Basic Well Completion Design, Practices and Strategies
- Well Completion Design Considerations
- Reservoir Considerations
- Mechanical Considerations
- Classification of Completions
- Lower and upper completion string components and selection consideration
Day Two: Barriers and Containment Devices
- Barrier terminology
- Barriers and containment devices
- Barrier envelope
- Barrier integrity testing
- Flow control devices (mechanical barriers)
- Well kill principles and procedures
Day Three: Wire Line Types, Tools and Applications
- Introduction to wireline
- Types of wireline
- Basic tool strings
- Introduction to wireline fishing
- Stuffing box
- Wireline valve (bop)
- Standard braided line rig up
- Wireline applications and operational considerations
Day Four: Coiled Tubing Equipments and Applications
- Coiled Tubing surface and subsurface components
- Coiled Tubing applications
- Cleaning operations with CT
- Well back flow (nitrogen lift)
Day Five: Well Control Equipments and Procedures
- Pressure control equipment for wireline and Coiled Tubing
- Barrier elements for wireline and Coiled Tubing
- Pressure testing of all barrier elements
- Emergency of wire line operations (wire cut on surface or downhole, tools stuck, etc)
- Emergency of Coiled Tubing (Pin hole in CT surface or downhole, CT stuck, CT crack and etc.)
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Well Intervention technology course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.