Coring and Core Analysis
Leadership & Management
Oil & Gas Training
document control & QMS
This course covers the introductory stages of current core analysis techniques, from the obtaining of core material through basic laboratory techniques, best practices and uncertainty in results. By the end of the course, the participant will be able to oversee the entire process from core retrieval through the handling process and initial data acquisition.
• Introduction and summary of Core Analysis value• The Coring process• Core Handling Techniques• Overview of sample preparation• Saturation Determination• Sample preparation and basic data acquisition (Conventional Core Analysis)• Data Quality Control and Interpretation Day 1Introduction, Basics of Core AnalysisCoring and Wellsite: Coring Practices and RecommendationsCore Handling at WellsiteConventional Core Analysis Program DesignReview of Day 1 Day 2Basic Core Handling: CT Scanning, Core Gamma, Pre-screeningBasic Core Handling: Sample Preparation, Cleaning and Drying MethodsSaturation DeterminationConventional Core Analysis: Porosity, PermeabilityReview of Day 2 Day 3Conventional Core Analysis: Overburden EffectsConventional Core Analysis: Whole core analysisConventional Core Analysis: Probe Permeability, Cuttings analysisQA/QC of Conventional DataCourse Review
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Coring and Core Analysis course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.