PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR NON PROJECT MANAGERS
Most organizations are recognizing projects as not only the vehicle for delivering new product and services or process / system changes, but also a regular component of most people’s working lives. Project Management training is therefore not only a requirement for dedicated ‘Project Managers’, it provides a powerful personal skill set and a vital organizational competency for people in all areas and at all levels of organizational life. So whatever role you are playing on a project, you will find this course offering a complete guidance for contributing to the success of any type of project. This D.McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course is designed to help you master the knowledge, skills and competencies of project management and to provide you with a solid foundation for making a difference to any project with which you come into contact.
This D.McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course will feature:
- Creating a ‘mind-set’ for engaging with projects more effectively
- Learning the processes for initiating any project activity
- Developing the skills of project planning
- Identifying ways to monitor and control project activity
- Discovering how to finish every project on time, within budget and to the right quality
By the end of this D.McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what project management is really about
- Utilise project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure processes
- Integrate project activities, managing quality, time, cost and resource on projects
- Deal pro-actively with uncertainty and change
- Work more effectively with other people on projects.
D.McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. Training and Consultancy
Introduction to Project Management
- What is a project?
- Problems and difficulties associated with projects
- What is project management?
- The project lifecycle
- Initiating a project
- Project justification
Risk Management and Project Planning
- Risk management
- The contents of a Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Level of planning detail – the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Network logic and dependency analysis
- Project estimating
- Time scheduling (the Critical Path)
Project Resourcing, Budgeting, Monitoring and Control
- Resource scheduling (the Gantt chart)
- Fundamentals of budgeting
- Preparing for project execution
- Designing the monitoring process
- The project control process (Issue and Change management)
- Earned value management (EVM)
Communication, Influencing and Negotiation
- The requirement for communication in projects
- The communication process
- Improving communication
- Influencing stakeholders
- Preparing to negotiate
- Conducting a negotiation
Project Reporting, Closure and Evaluation
- Creating project reports
- Project review meetings
- Project Closure
- Project Evaluation
- Final review
- Action planning
This training course uses both conventional and non-traditional techniques. It utilises small group and facilitated plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Hands-on exercises and case studies are used to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills. Structured reviews provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to the delegates’ own work.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Project Management for Non Project Managers.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.