ADVANCED MICROSOFT PROJECT TRAINING
This course teaches participants how to use Microsoft Project, in a way that is compatible with sound project management practice to successfully plan and control their projects. The program is a 2-day course designed to cover Project Management; Duration-Driven Planning and Control by showing participants how to use Microsoft Project software and apply the general project management techniques.
- Discover how to manage cost rate changes
- Know how to import and exporting of project data
- Learn effective use of budgets and tracking costs
- Use of outline codes and WBS codes
- Learn to effectively split projects into sub-projects
- Create a variety of helpful reports for your project team and management
- How to use macros the speed up use and work more efficiently
- Consolidating multiple projects
INSTALLING PMALLIANCE UTILITIES – AN OVERVIEW OF MICROSOFT PROJECT
- Review of the Menu Structure
- Microsoft Project Options Menus
- Issues with MSP Effort-Driven Tasks
CREATING A PROJECT
- Entering Basic Project Information
- Project Date and Calendar Information
- Customizing Fields and Value Lists
- Loading Holidays into the Project Calendar
- Setting the Global Calendar
- Saving the Project File
INPUTTING THE INITIAL PLAN
- Entering Activity Information
- Entering Precedence Relationships
- Reviewing Input Listings
- Issues with the MSP Calculation Process
- Calculating the Schedule
- Identifying/Correcting Unconnected Activities
- Reviewing Summary Project Information
- Identifying the Critical Path
- Controlling Path vs. Critical Path
- Reviewing the Controlling Path
COMPRESSING THE SCHEDULE TO MEET PROJECT DEADLINE DATES
- Filtering for the Critical Path
- Compressing the Schedule to Meet Deadline Date(s) Using the Critical Path
- Customizing/Printing Project Update Reports
- Customizing/Printing Near -Term Activity Reports
- Customizing/Printing Gantt Charts
- Customizing/Printing Network Diagrams
CONTROLLING THE PROJECT
- Saving Project Baseline Information
- Issues with the MSP Update Process
- Entering Project Update Information
- Recalculating the Schedule Based on Update Information
- Recompressing the Schedule to Meet Deadline Date(s) Using the Critical Path
Customizing/Printing Updated Project Reports
Final Class Example Project
Program Review and Closing
This course will utilize a variety of practical learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes high interaction with MS Project Software and Computer hardware, tutorial input as well as case studies, individual and syndicated work, multimedia presentations, and film shows etc.
There will be opportunity for group discussion and for participants to compare experience. Time will be allocated at the end of each day to reflect upon the learning and plan to transfer the knowledge back to the work place.
The course consists of 16 hours of instruction taught in a two-day program, including lecture and hands-on exercises, using Microsoft Project. The course includes exercises on the following topics:
- Setting-Up a Project in Microsoft Project and Inputting the Initial Plan
- Compressing the Schedule to Meet Deadline Dates
- Establishing a Baseline Plan and Producing a Project Report Package
- Updating the Project Plan to Reflect Actual Progress To-Date
- Recompressing the Updated Plan and Producing an Update Report Package
- A Final, Extended Case Exercise to Reinforce the Skills Learned throughout the Classes
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and completes’ Advanced Microsoft Project Training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.