BASIC DRILLING, COMPLETION & WORKOVER OPERATIONS TRAINING
Leadership & Management
Oil & Gas Training
document control & QMS
Completions and Workovers provides an integrated introduction to many facets of completion and intervention technology. The material progresses through each of the major design, diagnostic, and intervention technologies concluding with some common remedial measures and well abandonment. The course focuses on the practical aspects of each of the technologies, using design examples – successes and failures – to illustrate the key points of the design and the risks/uncertainties. The overall objectives of the course focus on delivering and maintaining well quality.
Graduates or engineers with experience, engaged in drilling operations, production operations, workover, and completions; petroleum engineering in both the service and operating sectors
- Develop a high-level completion strategy for wells in a variety of situations
- Select tubing, packers, and completion flow control equipment
- Appraise/design a suitable flow barrier strategy
- Identify key design considerations for vertical and inclined wells, horizontal, multilateral, HPHT, and unconventional resource wells
- Select an appropriate intervention strategy/equipment
- Identify key features/applicability of the main sand control and well stimulation options
- Assess/specify concerns/remedial measures for formation damage/skin removal
Develop outline overall strategies for completion and workover programs
- Basic well completion design, practices, and strategies
- Well quality and integrity
- Safety aspects of well design
- Wellheads, trees, subsurface safety valves, and flow control equipment
- Material selection guidelines based on corrosion and erosion conditions
- The basic interpretation of inflow and tubing performance to aid tubing size selection
- Tubing design and selection
- Considerations for designing deviated horizontal, multilateral, and multi zone reservoir completions
- Basic completion principles and considerations for subsea, HPHT, and unconventional wells
- Perforating job selection and design
- Formation damage mechanisms and their remediation
- Stimulation design considerations
- Sand control options and their selection
- Wireline, coiled tubing, and hydraulic workover rig operations
Sessions will as much as possible be practical and intensive, involving structured learning methods, learning by action, Case Study Work, Role Plays, Syndicate Exercises, and Simulations. We endeavor to ensure that all our programs as appropriate have a practical orientation in meeting specific learning objectives. Case histories and examples of projects will provide participants with real-life examples of best practices in project management.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the BASIC DRILLING, COMPLETION & WORKOVER OPERATIONS TRAINING
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.