BIDDING AND TENDERING WORKSHOP
The course is designed principally to provide delegates with practical suggestions on how they and their businesses should approach the bidding process in order to maximize their resource utilization and success rates as well as gain an appreciation of the bidding and tendering process. This course will provide delegates with an approach to identify genuine opportunities, highlight discriminators through win themes and value propositions and to structure and develop bid activities within a business unit ensuring resource is used appropriately and efficiently. The individual is challenged to focus upon each specific opportunity to improve the win rate.
- Appreciate the key issues to be considered and evaluated at each stage of the bidding and tendering process;
- Have a better understanding of their relevance and how they can be practically applied. In particular the delegate will have a better understanding of the importance of singling out winning opportunities;
- Identify and develop a consistent and coherent approach to proposal writing;
- Have an understanding of the terminology, technical and procedural issues pertaining to the initial stages of an acquisition program and be more commercially aware and able to target their resource where it may have the best outcome.
- Opportunities vs Know your customer
- Know your own business
- The process – expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires, ITTs
- Tender documentation
- Public procurement regulations
- Iterative tendering
Issues with bidding overseas
- Currency issues
- Letters of credit vs Banking guarantees
- Business ethics
- Offset/industrial participation
Legal elements of offer and acceptance
- Customer changes
- Proposal review
Bid proposal phase
- The importance of a bid go/no go review
- Value propositions
- The creation of internal and external teams
- Structuring the response
- Identifying win themes
- Capture planning
- Project planning
- Contractual and financial issues intellectual property
- Internal bid review and approval processes
This course will involve a wide range of adult learning techniques including class interaction, observation of participant’s aptitude through group discussions, team assignments, class exercises and case studies.
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.