BUSINESS WRITING AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Communication in the corporate environment is a very crucial part of doing business. Business writing in particular, is a very daunting part of being in business for many professionals, especially the younger ones. It is not a skill that anybody is born with and it is certainly not taught in most schools. No wonder many young professionals tend to shy away from it or never really get the knack of it.
When information is communicated in writing, the quality of such communication can have a significant impact on business perception, performance and decision making. Hence, effective business writing should be concise, accurate, unambiguous, logical and easily understood.
This program will help delegates to develop the skills necessary for successful business communication and writing – emails, letters, reports or proposals. It will enable participants to confidently tackle business writing by giving them the required techniques for the writing process.
- Acquire the techniques of writing correct sentences using the rules of grammar.
- Avoid common mistakes in writing
- Use reader friendly style.
- Use graphics and other aids appropriately.
- Organize materials logically.
- Develop appropriate format for business, technical reports and emails.
- Achieve accuracy, conciseness, clarity and readability in their writing