CORROSION CONTROL IN GAS, OIL & WATER
The production of gas and oil is often accompanied by water and acid gases, such as (H2S) and (CO2) are often present in produced fluids. These increase the corrosivity of the process, which can significantly impact the safe operating life of pipes and equipment. Additionally, the build-up of corrosion and bacterial by-products on the equipment walls can cause problems with the equipment’s operation.
The potential consequences of internal and external corrosion represent both safety and economic concerns to various sectors of the industry. Corrosion is fought by a complex system of monitoring, preventative repairs and careful use of materials.
This intensive D. McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course in Nigeria examines the types of corrosion and corrosion control in the gas, oil and water industry and provides an overview of specific process descriptions, and focuses on the examination and identification of metallurgical problems in process units and methods of corrosion monitoring, control and damage reduction.
This D. McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course will feature:
• Fundamental corrosion principles and mechanisms
• Types of corrosion that are related to the oil, gas and water
• Materials of Construction for process applications
• Corrosion Monitoring and inspection Methods
• Aspects of Corrosion inspection and anti-corrosion management and mitigation
At the end of this D. McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of corrosion and its mechanisms
- Learn about the different types of corrosion, related to oil, gas and water
- Understand the application of corrosion protection techniques including cathodic protection, coatings and inhibitors
- Have a knowledge of basic metallurgical considerations and Materials of Construction for corrosion resistance
- Recognize and define corrosion for applications and equipment related to oil, gas and water
- Learn about corrosion inspection and monitoring techniques and methods of corrosion mitigation
Day One: Fundamentals of Corrosion Principles
- Introduction to corrosion and corrosion failure potential
- Requirements of corrosion
- Electro chemical cells
- Corrosion mechanisms
- Corrosion rates
- Worked examples
Day Two: Types of Corrosion in the Refinery Industry, Related to Oil, Gas and Water
- Uniform corrosion
- Pitting Corrosion
- Erosion Corrosion
- Crevice Corrosion
- Corrosion Under Lining
- Bimetallic Corrosion
Day Three: Types of Corrosion in the Refinery Industry, Related to Oil, Gas and Water (Continued)
- H2S, CO2, influenced corrosion
- Types of Hydrogen related cracking
- Naphthenic Acid Corrosion
- Carbonate Cracking (CC)
- Chlorine Stress Corrosion Cracking
- Microbiologically Induced Corrosion (MIC)
Day Four: Materials of Construction for Refinery Applications
- Common Materials in the Refinery Industry
- Carbon and alloy Steels
- Stainless steels
- Nickel based alloys
- Polymeric materials
- Selecting the proper material for the application
Day Five: Corrosion Control, Protection and Monitoring
- Cathodic protection
- Coatings and linings
- Corrosion coupons and probes
- Intelligent Pigs
- Overview of API 579
This D. McKINSEY & ASSOCIATES LTD. training course combines structured and focused presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant examples and question & answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants. Participants will be provided with comprehensive hard and electronic course notes and copies of all presentation material. Relevant computer simulations and videos will be utilised to help with the understanding of the various topics.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Pumps & Compressors: Operation Troubleshooting And Maintenance.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.