FORKLIFT OPERATIONS AND SAFETY TRAINING
This course is target at professionals through which they can demonstrate the understanding of forklift operation safety.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know and explain physical qualification requirement for operators
- Outline step by step pre-shift inspection
- Demonstrate and Explain lift truck operation
- Know the operation of lift truck tip over
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR OPERATORS
- No physical or mental condition that would jeopardize the safe operation of the truck (dizzy spells, medication, bad back, etc.)
- Good vision, of at least 20/40, corrected if necessary; depth perception of at least 90 percent of normal. Wearing vision protection is recommended at all times.
- Normal hearing, preferably without need of a hearing aid.
- Normal reflexes and reaction time.
- No use of illegal substances; no excessive use of alcohol.
- Ability to understand and read instructions, signs, etc.
- A pre-shift inspection of the forklift truck is required before the equipment is used. The following items must be checked before operating the equipment:
- Fuel level and gauge.
- Oil level.
- Hydraulic oil level.
- Powershift oil level.
- Battery water level.
- Visual inspection of battery for corrosion and loose terminals.
- Coolant water level.
- Visual inspection of the fan belt.
- Brakes for proper operation – both service and parking.
- Lights – head, tail, turn, and warning.
- Hoist mechanism: chain bearings, nuts, and cotters. Lube as required. Also check the forks for cracks, heel wear, tip wear, and alignment.
- Hydraulic controls.
- Tires: remove foreign material and check inflation.
- Visual inspection for oil, fuel, and exhaust leaks.
- The “Operators Daily Report” must be filled out during both the pre-use and post-use inspections and turned in to Transportation Services, along with the keys to the equipment, at the end of use.
The training sessions will, as much as possible be practical and interactive, involving structured learning methods and hands-on practice.
- D. McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Forklift Operations and Safety Training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.