FIRE SAFETY AND BASIC FIRE FIGHTING TRAINING
This course is target at professionals by which they can demonstrate the understanding of fire safety and basic firefighting.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of fire initiation, classification and spread
- Outline the principles of fire risk assessment
- Describe the basic principles of fire spread in buildings
- Outline the appropriate fire alarm system and fire fighting arrangement for a simple work place
- Outline the factors which should be considered when implementing a successful evacuation of a work place in the event of fire
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Safety and health Officers
- Administrators with a need to improve the knowledge of safe system practice at work
- Supervisors and general employers looking to improve their safe system practice at work
- Safety professionals
Fire initiation, classification and spread
- Principles of fire: fire triangle; sources of ignition; fuel and oxygen in a typical workplace; oxidising materials
- Classification of fires (different local classification systems will be accepted)
- Principles of heat transmission and fire spread: convection; conduction; radiation; direct burning
- Common causes and consequences of fires in workplaces.
Fire risk assessment
- The reasons for carrying out a fire risk assessment
- Factors to be considered in carrying out the assessment
- Consideration of temporary workplaces and changes to workplaces.
Fire prevention and prevention of fire spread
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire in a workplace:
- elimination of, or reduction in, the use and storage of flammable and combustible
- control of ignition sources – systems of work
- good housekeeping
- Storage of flammable liquids in work rooms and other locations
- Awareness of structural measures to prevent the spread of fire and smoke: properties of common building materials; protection of openings and voids
- Use of suitable electrical equipment in flammable atmospheres.
Fire alarm system and fire-fighting arrangements
Fire detection, fire warning and fire-fighting equipment:
- common fire detection and alarm systems
- portable fire-fighting equipment: siting, maintenance and training requirements
- extinguishing media: water, foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide; advantages and
- access for fire and rescue services and vehicles.
Evacuation of a workplace
- Means of escape: travel distances, stairs, passageways, doors, emergency lighting, exit and
- directional signs, assembly points
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Role and appointment of fire marshals
Fire drills; roll call; provisions for people with disabilities
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented, which is highly engaging, and informative training to aid participants in learning to how to work safely.
- D. McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Fire Safety And Basic Fire Fighting Training.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.