PUMPS AND COMPRESSORS: OPERATION TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE
The Pumps and Compressor workshop is a 4-day course focusing on the fundamentals of different types of pumps and compressors. You will have an opportunity to discuss Pump/Compressor construction, design applications, operations; maintenance issues and will be provided with the most up-to-date information and best practices in dealing with the subject. Towards the end of the workshop, you will have developed the skills and ability to recognize and solve pump/compressor problems in a structured and confident manner.
This training course will feature:
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting methods for trouble free plant operation
- Case study real life applications in petrochemical process plants, water circulation systems, A/C and heating systems
- Working principles on Pumps/ Compressors and insight on Predictive and Preventive maintenance
- Offer the opportunity to learn more about pumps, compressors, their operations, constructions, performance testing and control
- Explain and understand pumps & compressors terminology
- Identify the various types of pumps & compressors
- Understand pumps & compressors characteristics and interpret pump/compressor curves
- Understand Criteria for pumps & compressors Selection
- Confidently test and commission pump/compressor sets
- Explain how pumps & compressors are constructed
- Detail how to Install, Test and Commission pumps & compressors
- Explain how to start up a New pumps & compressors or one after Strip Down for Maintenance
Classifications, types of pumps & compressors
- Operating characteristics
- Priming, Cavitation
- NPSH, NPSH Margin
- Power Requirement for Pumping
Pump Performance Curves
- Head – Capacity Curve (H-Q)
- Power – Capacity Curve (P-Q)
- Efficiency– Capacity curve (?-Q)
- Specific Speeds
- Operating point of Centrifugal pump
Compressor working principles, Types, Operational Aspects
- Classification, types of Compressors,
- Operational principles and construction features
- Compressor operation
- Performance Characteristics curves
- Minimum and Maximum Flow, Constraints
- Surge, Significance and Control
- Compressor selection and Specification, Criteria for drive rating selection
- Performance Testing
- Standards and Acceptance Criteria for Performance testing
Operation and Trouble Shooting
- Start up, priming and shutdown
- Vibration levels and their measurements
- Bearing House Temperatures
- Accessories (Shaft seal, Bearing
Troubleshooting (symptoms, causes, remedial measures)
- The functions of a bearing in rotating machines
- Bearing and shaft alignment
- How to correct for misalignment
- Tools for servicing
Preventive and Predictive Maintenance
- Maintenance by Plan vs. Maintenance by default
- Equipment Reliability and Availability
- Building a Maintenance Management Plan
This training will be conducted using Case studies (25%), techniques (30%), Role play (35%) and Concepts (10%). Pre-test and Post-test will also be administered alongside lectures, case studies, self-questionnaires, group work, discussion and presentation.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Pumps & Compressors: Operation Troubleshooting And Maintenance.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.