TECHNICAL REPORT WRITING
This course is specifically designed to give people working in technically oriented positions a step-by-step guide to document and communicate your message with clarity, confidence and impact!
Technical report writing is the delivery of technical information in a manner that is adapted to their needs, level of understanding and background. One of the challenges in writing about highly technical subjects is to do so in a way that a non-specialist could understand.
This course will feature:
- Common and Specialist Technical Report Language
- Copies of public and private technical reports in the oil and gas sector and engineering industry for real live demonstrations
- Various formats, design, structures and styles of technical writing.
- Live in-class demonstrations with real life companies
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the principles of effective business communication and report writing to compose high quality reports
- Produce technical reports which reflect coherence, clarity, conciseness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Present technical information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Use the standard format, style and structure for your report
- Readability exercises
- Self-evaluation of Readability Grade Level
- Construction of good Sentences and Paragraphs
- The specific elements of technical writing
- Achieving clarity and coherence in their technical writing
- Determining Reader Profiles
- Understanding different Personality/Character Types
- Different phases of the Report-writing process
- The Structure of the Technical Report
- The importance of putting forward a Hypothesis or Argument
- Brainstorming, Mind-mapping and Categorization Techniques
- Understanding the Purpose Statement
- Criteria for an effective Purpose Statement
- Developing effective Purpose Statements
- Developing the Report Introduction
- Different Models of Report Design and ways to organize the Premises
- Choosing the right Report Design to best suit your thesis the premises
- Developing the Main Body of the Report
- Justification – supporting your premises and using Statistical Data
- Statistical Data – what goes into the Main Body and into the Appendix
- Conclusions and Recommendations
Participants will be involved in various interactive workshop sessions, including projects involving brainstorming and mind-mapping and working on work-related topics to produce a great technical report which each group will present to the rest of the class.
There would also be readability exercises amongst other activities.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Technical Report Writing course.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.